online degree criminal justice
Online degree criminal justice is designed to equip you with the knowledge to explore the impact of crime and implement effective strategies to reduce it. Throughout the Bachelor of Science in criminology and criminal justice degree, you’ll gain the research, analytical and communications skills required for working in complex criminal justice occupations.
Whether working in law enforcement, correctional facilities, or the courts, the field of criminal justice requires trained professionals to protect the public and comply with the law. An online criminal justice degree develops the skills needed in this exciting field.
- If you're the type of person who dreams of protecting innocents and putting criminals in jail, consider getting a degree in criminal justice.
- This degree will help you learn what you need to know about the criminal justice system, specifically its three main agencies: law enforcement, the corrections system, and the courts.
- Students are typically trained to develop strong leadership and managerial skills and to be analytical and diplomatic.
- After graduation, criminal justice majors can find a variety of employment opportunities. You could be a cool FBI special agent. You can also work as a crime scene investigator, probation officer, or police detective.
A bachelor's degree in criminal justice can open many doors. Some criminal justice majors find rewarding careers in law enforcement or correctional services, while others choose to pursue politics or law or work with previously incarcerated people. People who are passionate about criminal justice reform may want to pursue a career in political advocacy or the non-profit sector. These career options usually come with substantial salaries. For example, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median expected annual salary for a police officer and a detective is $66,020 for his future career path.
Courses for an Online Criminal Justice Degree
Courses offered in online criminal justice programs vary according to a student's school, educational path, and career goals. However, below are some of the courses that are likely to take over the course of a Criminal Justice degree.
1. Criminal Justice – Provides an in-depth understanding of criminal law, the judicial process, and the criminal process of arrest, imprisonment, and imprisonment.
2. Victimology - Discusses the experiences of victims as they move through the criminal justice system, to help, among other things, better understand victim patterns.
3. Ethics and Diversity - Discusses the ethical practices of law enforcement, especially the incorporation of cultural awareness in diverse communities.
4. Terrorism - Explores the actions and motivations of terrorist groups and the impact of terrorist activity at the local and national levels.
5. Drugs and Crime - Describes the origins of drug addiction and how it relates to crime. Students also research and analyze drug policy, drug treatment, and drug prevention programs.
Why This Matters
Prepare for a variety of possible careers
Individuals with a Bachelor of Criminal Justice degree can fill a variety of roles, including police officers, intelligence analysts, private investigators, and victim advocates.
US needs 20,600 new police officers
Police and detective employment growth is projected to increase by 3% by 2031. In addition to a bachelor's degree, proficiency in another language increases your employment opportunities.
Earn up to $100,000+
The median salary for police officers and detectives is $66,020, and the top 10% of workers in this field earn more than his $105,540.
Online Criminal Justice Bachelor's Degree Overview
Criminal justice is an ever-evolving field that requires qualified professionals who have both a deep understanding of our legal system and adept interpersonal skills.
At Online Degree Criminal Justice, you can earn the Bachelor of Science (BS) in Criminal Justice with real-world perspective. Expanding the boundaries of a traditional criminal justice program, you’ll be exposed to:
- Current criminology theories
- Discretion in decision making
- Emerging national and global trends
- Effective communication strategies
The bachelor's degree in criminal justice includes an embedded communication certificate, which can help give you the tools to write and speak effectively in situations where every detail matters.
Learn how to:
- Evaluate the impact of technologies and trends on criminal justice agencies
- Promote community relations and partnerships
- Communicate effectively and professionally to diverse audiences
- Apply laws, regulations and ethical standards to decision-making practices
- Develop research-based solutions to complex problems
- Examine human motivation and behavior
25 Best Online Degree Criminal Justice
Universities Offering Criminal Justice Degrees Online
Methodology: The following school list is in alphabetical order. To be included, a college or university must be regionally accredited and offer degree programs online or in a hybrid format.
- Arizona State University
- Bellevue University
- Bemidji State University
- Colorado State
- Crown College
- Dallas Baptist University
- Drury University
- Granite State College
- Liberty University
- Regent University
- Sam Houston State University
- Thomas Edison State University
- University of Central Florida
- University of Mary
- University of Massachusetts Global
- University of Nebraska at Kearney
- University of Phoenix
- University of South Dakota
- Washington State University
- Western Carolina University
- Wilmington University